Saturday, January 31, 2009

When it Rains it Pours These Days

So not only am I now fighting my landlord, but also my computer died Thursday night. Took it into work yesterday and the awesome Tech guy looked at it, shook his head and told me I could ask someone to fix it but it would probably make more sense to get a new one. The Dell guy echoed that this morning, and the Geek Squad guy was like no way is it worth it to fix this. The upside? New Gateway computer, no more slow old computer. I buy it and take it home.

And the rain comes down in sheets...
I go to turn it on and it seems odd, but I persist. Fifteen minutes later I think ok something is definitely wrong. I try to troubleshoot with Gateway. The woman on the other end is angry, mean, nasty, and apparently deaf, making it a rough convo. Bottom line? It would be "prudent" to return it. Half hour back to the store and more waiting, but they were helpful and set it all up for me. So I'm back!

And the winds start blowing...
I get home and the internet is crapping out. I call the internet provider and sort that out in half an hour or so. The router is locking this computer out, and of course I can't remember any of the password info I gave it a few months ago. Awesome!

And the hurricane is full-force...
My brother needs back surgery. Risks include nerve damage, paralysis, infections, etc. He's in massive pain though, which, for a 23-year-old is just absurd! Keep him in your prayers :(

No comments:

Post a Comment