Saturday, January 24, 2009

TGIF

or S I guess by now. Another week down, and man, those four days did NOT feel like a short week. Maybe it's just because my boss was leaving on maternity leave yesterday afternoon, but the entire week had the feeling of a fire drill - practicing and prepping for holding down the fort (with help of course) on my 5 months of work experience.

It's funny. I've always enjoyed interviewing. Maybe it's the time I spent growing up in one of "those" Connecticut towns, but somehow, the game of the interview intrigues me. The side effect of this enjoyment is that I get really into the interviews, and get myself believing everything I say. You want responsibility early? Yep! Sure! Where do I sign?

But do I? Sometimes I enjoy speaking to clients and doing front-line work, etc. Other times I wish I was hidden in a cube in some ginormous office in New York, working in obscurity with (relatively) not a care in the world. Responsibility, it's such a weight!

Right now I get ample time to reflect on all this and my future (my new, or not so new, favorite hobby). I have a four hour drive to Boston to see my grandmother for the afternoon. Yes, it sounds crazy to do an 8-hour trip to see her for a few hours. But it sure beats a day trip to New Mexico, right?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment