Wednesday, March 4, 2009

"Kiddo"

A client called me that today. After I had (nicely, of course) explained to him why his approach to a certain issue was wrong. I don't know whether to laugh, be skeezed out, be insulted, or... blog about it.

Apparently I chose the final option!

I've had guys giving me "pet" names for a long time now, often inappropriately. "Babe" from a strictly (so he learned) platonic friend, "honey" from another friend, "sweetie" by a married bartender/friend (who didn't disclose his marriage until later), "champ" from a friend-friend, and even "kid." But in the business world? I wonder if the guy (middle-age father) went home saying "Oh goodness I can't believe I called her that." Or maybe it was intentional. (ala "I can't believe she called me out on being wrong, this'll put her in her place.") I hope it was the former.

I wonder what awaits me tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. i love the name of your blog! i'm a big cinderella fan :)

    ReplyDelete