Monday, January 11, 2010

Organization

Yesterday, the Fiance and I spent some time putting together a to-do chart for the wedding. Three hours to be exact. And we are having a somewhat simple wedding - our venue will provide a lot of things like food and even flowers - so I can't imagine how much more organizing other brides need to do.

The Knot has 136 things for me to do. Brides may have even more (I got overwhelmed and stopped checking). And when we really thought it through, most little tasks seem to have several deadlines - for example for vendors we have to (1) research vendors, (2) contact ones we like, (3) then book the one we want.

We have an Excel spreadsheet as well as a written calendar, and both will be getting a lot of use.

I always feel better after I tackle a big project like this - but in this case I was half laughing and half crying when I realized how much we have to do in the next 8 months...

No comments:

Post a Comment